RS-232 Interface Powered Converter
The RS232IP family of interface converters allows full bi-directional synchronous conversion between RS-232C (V.24) and V.35, X.21 or RS-449/530 hardware. These converters all work WITHOUT an EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY. The RS232IP interface converters are designed for synchronous RS-232 operation at data rates up to and including 128kbps. They may also be applied to asynchronous RS-232 using only TD & RD signals, while ignoring TC, RC, and XTC timing signals. Asynchronous RS-232 requires three times greater data throughput on the synchronous side’s V.35, X.21 or RS-449/530 interface. The physical connections for all RS232IP family converters are DB25 female with standard pin out, while a cable adapter is required for V.35, X.21 or RS-449/530 side. All three models may be interchanged as long as the correct V.35, X.21 or RS-449/530 cable is applied.
- Electrical SYNC RS-232 interface converter to V.35 / RS-449 / X.21 (three models)
- Interface powered, no external DC power required for the “IP” converter family
- DCE/DTE switch selectable
- Data rate up to 128Kbps
- Complies with EIA RS-232, RS-449, RS-530 and ITU-T V.35, X.21
- An external power adapter (9VDC@600mA) may be used if the application of the unit is in a poor communication environment